Are you ready to embark on a journey towards a rewarding career in the banking sector as a Probationary Officer (PO)? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the intricacies of the Bank PO syllabus, covering all the essential subjects and providing you with valuable insights to help you crack this coveted examination.
Table of Contents
First Understanding the Bank PO Examination
Before we delve into the specifics of the syllabus, let’s take a moment to understand what a Bank PO exam is and why it’s so important.
What is a Bank PO Exam?
Bank PO, or Probationary Officer, is a crucial role in any banking institution. As a Bank PO, you are responsible for various administrative and managerial tasks. To select the most competent candidates for this role, banking authorities conduct rigorous Bank PO examinations.
Why is it Important to Understand Bank PO Syllabus?
Bank PO is considered one of the most prestigious and sought-after positions in the banking sector. It offers job security, a competitive salary, and various other perks. This makes the Bank PO examination highly competitive and challenging.
Crucial Subjects in Bank PO Syllabus
Now, let’s dive into the core of the matter: the Bank PO syllabus. Here are the essential subjects you need to master:
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section tests your ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately. Topics include arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data interpretation.
- Reasoning Ability:The reasoning section evaluates your logical and analytical thinking. Topics include puzzles, coding-decoding, and logical reasoning.
- English Language:A strong command of the English language is essential. This section covers grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension. Read newspapers, books, and practice mock tests to enhance your language skills.Source: Adda247 – English Language
- General Awareness: Stay updated with current events, banking awareness, and general knowledge. Topics include banking terms, economics, and current affairs. Reading newspapers and magazines can be a valuable resource for this section.Source: BankExamsToday – General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge: This section assesses your basic computer knowledge. Topics include hardware, software, and basic computer operations. Familiarize yourself with computer fundamentals to excel in this section. Source: Testbook – Computer Knowledge
- Descriptive Writing: Some bank PO exams also include a descriptive writing section. You’ll be required to write essays or letters on given topics. Enhance your writing skills and practice regularly.Source: Oliveboard – Descriptive Writing
Expert Tips to Excel in Bank PO
- Time Management: Properly allocate your time to each section based on your strengths and weaknesses. This ensures you don’t get stuck on a challenging question and miss out on easier ones.
- Regular Practice: Consistent practice is the key to success. Solve previous years’ question papers and take online mock tests to get a feel for the actual exam.
- Stay Informed: Keep yourself updated with current affairs and banking news. This is crucial for the General Awareness section.
- Reading Habit: Develop a habit of reading newspapers and books. It not only improves your English skills but also keeps you informed about current events.
- Healthy Lifestyle: Don’t neglect your health during the preparation phase. A healthy body and mind are essential for peak performance.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2023 For Reasoning Ability for Prelims
- Seating Arrangements – Circle, Triangle, Linear, Square, Uncertain number of persons
- Puzzles – Category, Comparison, Designation, Box, Box, Day, Month, Year, Floor & Flat
- Inequalities – Direct and indirect
- Blood Relations – Normal Blood Relation
- Coding Decoding – Chinese coding
- Input-Output – Shifting and arranging based
- Syllogism – Only a few
- Data Sufficiency – 2 statements
- Order and Ranking
- Alpha, numeric, symbol Series Distance and Direction
- Miscellaneous – Odd one out, Word pair, Number pair, Number operation
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2023 For English Language Prelim
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Correction Para Jumbles
- Fill in the Blanks
- Column Based, Spelling Errors Word Swap
- Word Rearrangement
- Reading Comprehension Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Para and Sentence Completion Sentence Rearrangement
- Sentence Based Errors Idioms & Phrases
Prelims SBI PO Syllabus 2023 For Quantitative Aptitude
|Simplification & Approximation||– BODMAS – Square & Cube – Square & Cube Root – Fraction – Indices – Percentage||Various sources|
|Data Interpretation||– Missing Table DI – Table DI – Pie Chart DI (Single and Multiple Pie Chart) – Line Chart DI (Single and Multiple Line) – Bar Chart DI – Mixed DI – Caselet (Simple Table-Based Caselet, Venn Diagram-Based Caselet, Arithmetic-Based Caselet)||Various sources|
|Number Series||– Missing Number Series – Wrong Number Series||Various sources|
|Inequality||– Linear Equation – Quadratic Equation – Quantity Comparison (I and II)||Various sources|
|Arithmetic||– Ratio and Proportion – Percentage – Number System – HCF and LCM – Average – Age – Partnership – Mixture and Alligation – Simple Interest – Compound Interest – Time and Work & Wage – Speed Time Distance – Boat and Stream – Train – Mensuration 2D and 3D – Pipe and Cistern – Profit and Loss & Discount – Probability – Permutation and Combination||Various sources|
|Data Sufficiency||– Two Statement Data Sufficiency||Various sources|
Cracking the Bank PO exam requires dedication, a structured study plan, and consistent effort. Understand the syllabus, practice regularly, and stay informed. Remember, success is not guaranteed, but with the right strategy, you can significantly improve your chances of becoming a Bank PO. So, gear up, and best of luck in your journey towards a prosperous career in the banking sector!